Skip to main content

1st Part: 'That, my oddest love story,,,'


Image result for Love emoji
"You look elegant." He said in an American accent.

"Me? No." I blushed out, all at once like i am a spotted guilty in a robbery court case. I lowered my face like a humble pet before his owner.

"C'mon. Stop acting cute." He rubbed over my hairs and turned off from my side to que for the lunch.

"Cute? Elegant? To me? Did he just say i look elegant? No. Am I dreaming now?"

"Hey Rose," i said to the girl standing next to me. "What did Mr. Ray just told me?"

"What?" She exclaimed with her eyes almost popping out. "Are you crazy?"

"I am serious Rose. Just tell what you just heard from him now."

"He said, you look elegant and also said you to stop acting cute." Rose said. "I don't know what the mess is going around here." She added.

"Thanks." I acknowledged her.

"Wow! I wasn't dreaming. Yes, Ray just came to me and said me i look elegant." I smiled a broadest inner smile.

°°°
That morning, Ray made the presentations on 'Evidencing the factual data with the narration.' Ray was a data analyst working in one of the top documenting institute. He was outsourced as a Resource Person to educate the forty of us who have gathered for that function.

As soon as Ray entered in, Rose exclaimed, "See that, his body. He is so fit for his age."

"I noticed it first." I wanted to tell her back. But i just nod at her remarks as i continued adoring his big hazel eyes, broadly curved lips and the gingerly colored hair that was perfectly combed to the left end.

He was wearing a sky blue collar shirt, grayish pant and a red-dotted black tie, giving the appearance of a movie star who has just dressed up to play the scene of a professionalized banker.

"How old could he be?" I asked Rose who has already drowned into taking the notes from his presentation slides.

"Huh? Well, i am not sure. Maybe 34 or 35." She said without looking at me.

"34 or 35? 15 years of age difference between us. But why my heart is not in peace at his sight? Why do i want to know more about him? Am i starting to like him? No, no way." 

"Focus Zoe. You are here to learn, not to find a man." I reminded myself.

°°°
After almost 20 minutes of Ray's presentation, we were intervalled for the next 15 minutes for the coffee break.

I took the last five minutes of the break to check my mail. There were 7 new mails. I opened the first one.

"Yeah." The mail was from Ray. It read, "See me at Cafe Ion at 5:00pm."

"What? Why do i need to see him? Why can't he talk to me now? Or is he asking me out? Oh no, he must have some works to share me or maybe he will help me more to analyse on my work case." A series of options filled my little brain.

Meanwhile, the moderator made the time-up announcement for the coffee break and reminded all the participants to resume back.

"Okay Sir. I will see you then." I typed and clicked the send button and closed down my laptop.

Yes, i agreed to see him after the session. Well, how can i actually deny that offer after all, he was the boss at work and my secret crush.

°°°
"Hey, i thought you aren't coming." He said standing up from the beautiful wooden chair.

"Sorry sir. I am late. It took a bit of time to freshen up."

"Oh no worries. I didn't wait long. The waiting just took 15 minutes of my life." He said and both of us laughed at how sarcastic he sounded to articulate that 'just 15 minutes.'

"By the way, you look beautiful." He continued, as he signaled me to take the opposite seat, facing him. I was wearing my favorite moron colored outer with the the brown sugar leggance.

"Beautiful?"

"Okay. Not just beautiful but also simple, sweet, decent and...yea, you look amazing."

"Thank you. But i am enough of your parises now." I said back, giving rise to another round of laughter.

Meanwhile, the waiter arrived. He ordered for a cappuchinno with some vegetable burger. I ordered one strong coffee with less sugar.

°°°
In the cafe, we talked about almost all stuffs except our personal information.

At one point, i had the urge to ask if he is married because there wasn't any ring in his fingers. Silently, i wished him in to be still unmarried.

"Why do you want to ask about his marriage? Are you crazy? Don't be so desperate." I scolded myself, in my mind.

"Hey, you okay." He reminded me to the reality. "You look lost, now. "

"Huhh, yes, i am okay. I must be just tired." I replied but the truth was i was lost in his thoughts.

"Oh, okay then, please go and rest. I will see you tomorrow in this same spot at the same hour. Fine?"

I nodded. Actually i am so fond of nodding and agreeing with the person who owns my heart.

I bid him a good night, acknowledging for the good presentation and for the coffee.

°°°
Back in the room, i warned my heart to behave. I said, "Zoe, how is the thing called love be even possible when you are just 21 and he is 34 or 35? You are still growing but who knows your old crush may already have a child, or maybe two. Worst of all, Zoe you are Indian and he is American. There is no way that you can be with him unless some magic happens."

°°°
So, I sorted myself to be in the safer zone until the next morning when i saw him again, i was already wishing for the magic to happen or atleast the day to end soon and get us back to the cafe Ion.

- - - Continuable. Fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets Connect back here.

Dear valued readers, Did you miss me? Yes, I know you did. Thank you. Well, I have had enough pause for the writing I mean updating in my blog. I just couldn’t get into the blog for some reasons, reasons that I cannot really figure out. At some point, I thought I am not going to write. Really. I thought I will just leave it. Not because I had no time. I had enough time. I spent 100s of hours watching Korean drama and reading some short fictional stories online. I enjoyed those hours more than I enjoy scribbling my nonsense like this. Maybe, I didn’t want to use my brain or waste my energy scribbling. Maybe, I like something more fun or something more luxurious like getting lazy and not doing anything good. Oh no, these excuses make no sense. Let the blame be on me. Yes, I just didn’t feel like writing. I was just that fat lazy fox, wanting to be ideal. But you know what? Do you know what got me writing this? It’s my readers who got me this pause button back to playing. I have had seve

My history for the blog

Blogging has never been my dream or it wasn’t actually in my mind up until I was in the final year at College. In fact, I have never heard of blogging until one of my college mates talked about his blog during our informal chit-chats.   I said inside “What nonsense is that thing called blog?”  He was saying “Blog is an online page, where we can write whatever. And it is almost like an online diary.”  Back in the room, I tried to find out more about blog. And I found out that ‘blog is an online page, like my friend said where we can publish, update and share it on the World Wide Web.’ Still, my impression was same because i felt i have no story to be shared to the world's page.  Thus, I never got curious in the blog thing and I didn’t even explore. By the way, I was facebook freak that time. And ofcorse, I am still the same. Whatever little thing I used to write other than my personal diary, I used to upload it under my timeline in the facebook. I used to get flat

He was one hell of a money lover:

We say, " I want to be employed to serve the Tsa - wa -sum; the king , country and people, but, have we ever realized that it is often not true? (The signatory stands of everyone to serve the Tsa - wa -sum is a second option and almost the 'by-the-way' service.) The truth is, 'I want to be employed to serve myself, my tummy and my needs the first. I want to make hell lots money'   Alright . Nobody is better in compromising for the better money. Definitely and most obviously, everybody would love to have the job that returns with handsome money. I apparently also make sure to know the salary range before I make the mind to try for any exciting jobs. But luckily, I am not as crazy over money as the man I am going to write-about in this post. And also, to my most reliefs, I also haven't met somebody as crazy over money as him. Well, I understand, if some situations have triggered him to be after money but the way he approached was odd, and it made me w