Skip to main content

Loving the shape of him!!!

When I first listened the Ed Sheeren's 'shape of you' earlier this year, I found it quite odd.

"How is falling in love even possible just beacuse of their shape of the body?"

But you know, I liked that song so much so that I even mugged up the whole lyrics which is very unlikely of me. One time,  my phone had only one song and that was the 'shape of you.'

I listened to it from home to office, office to home, in the kitchen, in the shower and almost everywhere. I also had it set as the alarm ring tone.

However, I couldn't relate myself to the song and to the idea of falling in love just because of the shape of somebody.

"What good a good shape does in love?" I often questioned my inner self when I felt insane. "I can fall in love even with a crooked-shaped guy if he is nice."

Well, I've always been a kinda girl who presumed that love is all about a good heart. "For me, all that makes my knee go weak is when I see someone who is intellectually commendable and whose eyes speaks the kindness."

But no, this, my condition of love changed at the very sight of him. It's quite dramatic though. I can't even exactly say why it happened when it did.

♡♡♡

Two months ago, I saw him the first, during preparation of one of the National event.

He was with a navy blue jeans and a seemingly heavy sweater of gray and moron. He had the chocolate colored muffler around his neck. No doubt, the weather was extremely cold. He constantly cupped his hand and blew out the warm air from his mouth to fight from getting frozen. 

I watched him from the distance of few meters, wondering who could he be? He was too lovely; the way he had styled his hair, way he talked and gestured with other people. He looked like one of the banker from a fine financial institutions. 

"How old could he be? Could he be married? Who could be his wife? How lovely she would be? Would they've the children?...blah, blah, blah..." I was literally drowning in the chain of questions about him, and secretly wishing him to be a 'single guy.'

"Hey you, how long are you expecting to stare at him and look lost. No wonder, you are one dumbest of my friends." It was my best friend Sonam who always pulls my legs. "Remember, you already got your armor."

"Oh yes, I haven't forgotten that. I know I am engaged. But look at that man, isn't he irresistible?" I wanted to say this to her. My attentions were still focused on that one diplomatic guy who looked like he has just gotten out from a bathtub of rose water. He was young and fresh like a morning dew of spring. But I said, "Hey no, I am not staring at him. You can see that winter roses next to him right? I am thinking if we can go there and take some pictures." Secretly, I was impressed how my brain could instantly make up that dumb excuse.

♡♡♡

That night, I couldn't sleep well though I was physically exhausted after the whole day work in putting up the exhibition stall for the next day.

The thought of him kept lingering in my head to heart and then back to head again.  The way he smiled, the little dimple at his left cheek, his black gloves, his shoes, his everything filled up my eyes.

To stop that feelings haunting my living soul, I made the phone call to my fiancee. I thought all these fascinating fantasies about that unknown handsome guy will be gone if I talk to the only man who love me to the moon and back. I shared him all the details of the day except that section when my heart stupidly danced to an unknown guy.

However, the phone call wasn't of any help. That unknown guy was still dwelling in me and that's when I decided to wake up my friend Sonam.

"Sonam, Sonam, I called her and pulled the side of her blanket.

"What? Are you alright?"

"No, I am not alright. I think I want to know more about him."

"About him? About whom? Are you mad?" She almost screamed with the frustations in the middle of the night and rolled herself to the other side of the bed. It was actually funny to watch her getting disturbed by me. 

"Sonam, can you listen to me just this one time please? I really want to ask you about that guy."

"That guy from the winter roses?"

"Yes." I nodded like a loyal pet.

"C'mon Wangmo, you can't be doing this unless you are out of your mind."

"I am perfectly in the right state of my mind. Just tell me about him." This time, I sounded more like commanding than shamelessly pledging.

"Alright, you stupid girl." She frowned for a moment. "His name is Tobgay. He works in one of the advertising company. I heard he is recently promoted as a Deputy chief. You know, like yourself, many girls are crazy of you."

"Tobgay. Okay...nice name." I nodded. "What about his marriage? Is he married yet? Oh, by the way, how do you know him?"

"Hey you bitch, he isn't married. Be happy." She sounded too sarcastic. It was unlikely of her. But I let it slide it off.

"Tell me how do you know him?" I pledged again.

She was silent for a while but it made me feel like it's been ages. I was so desperate to know more.

"Sonam, it's third time that I am asking you. How do you know him?" I made the face.

"Alright. Few years ago, I had my friend called Choden who was extremely crazy of him, like you are now." She heavily stressed the word 'you' that it almost sounded funny. "They worked in that same advertising company." She paused for few seconds and continued, "Every night, Choden would tell me how she is in love with him. One day, the two of us decided to confess her love to him. It was on her birthday, 4th April. We invited all of her friends and ofcorse my friends from my work aswell. Tobgay was also invited. Choden was determined that she will propose him. She hid her heart in the sleeve all because to get him. But..."

"But...what? C'mon. Don't stop. I am too excited now." I sounded more like a teenage girl than the matured 23 years old me.

"But Tobgay came with another girl who he introduced as Lhaki and the girl he desires to marry. Lhaki was extremely gorgeous on other hand. She had the looks of an angel, fair procelined skin, golden hair and a big gingerly eyes.

Choden was devastated to the hell. She was broken, like a China doll. Thereafter, Choden refused to go to work, she refused to eat and start the new life. She became weaker everyday untill I lost her to the brain tumor."

"My God, I am so sorry to hear." I hugged my friend Sonam who had the tears running down from her cheek. "But what about Lhaki now. Is he still with Tobgay?"

Sonam took a long sigh and continued. "No, Lhaki isn't with him. Their relationship soon ended. I heard Tobgay spotted Lhaki with other guy, and now, Tobgay decided never to fall for any girls again."

"Oh. That's a very tragic story. I didn't know the scars behind those cheerful smiles of him." I said and thanked Sonam for narrating their sorrowful love story. I had a peaceful sleep then.

♡♡♡

"It looks to me that you are lonely. Should I give you some company." I heard a manly voice behind me, and as I turned back, it was Tobgay.

He was wearing a light patterned woollen gho of gray and brown. The gho looked thick and heavy but it completely was suiting to him. His hair was styled the same as the last day and he smelled sweet of jasmine and almond.

At that time of inhaling in that heavenly feelings that I got when he is next to me, the adrenalin production in my body was so intense that I blushed and shivered at the same time. I couldn't really speak a word.

I just shook my head to indicate that I am fine. I didn't though realise I was all alone in that tent. I was severely engaged in the dance performances by the school kids on that celebration day. I wondered where Sonam has gone, leaving me alone.

"Are you sure that you don't need my company?" Tobgay reiterated again.

"I am quite sure that I am not lonely but if you wanna sit here, I welcome you Mr." I pointed at the chair next to me.

The two of us sat there for a long time. We were both recording the dance performances in our phones.

"Kids these days are very talented right?" It was Tobgay again to talk first.

"Yea, sure. They are! All are cute aswell." I added.

"By the way, I am Tobgay." He lend me his hand.

I took it and said back, "I am Wangmo."

We smiled to each other. I felt guilty and equally sorry for all of his past love story. But I didn't let him know that because I was still suffering from that fever of seeing him exceedingly adorable. You know, at the closer look, he was even more charmimg.

He had shiny black hair that was so dark it was almost blue, and a smooth olive complexion, huge dark brown eyes, and a smile that lit up his face in an incredible way.

He was long and lanky and aristocratic, and he didn't look like any of the men I've seen so far.

So, yes, he was the man I fall in love with the 'shape of him.' This is odd but the oddest was my plan to confess him. 😉.

***Fiction*** But I would want to continue it one day. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lets Connect back here.

Dear valued readers, Did you miss me? Yes, I know you did. Thank you. Well, I have had enough pause for the writing I mean updating in my blog. I just couldn’t get into the blog for some reasons, reasons that I cannot really figure out. At some point, I thought I am not going to write. Really. I thought I will just leave it. Not because I had no time. I had enough time. I spent 100s of hours watching Korean drama and reading some short fictional stories online. I enjoyed those hours more than I enjoy scribbling my nonsense like this. Maybe, I didn’t want to use my brain or waste my energy scribbling. Maybe, I like something more fun or something more luxurious like getting lazy and not doing anything good. Oh no, these excuses make no sense. Let the blame be on me. Yes, I just didn’t feel like writing. I was just that fat lazy fox, wanting to be ideal. But you know what? Do you know what got me writing this? It’s my readers who got me this pause button back to playing. I have had seve

My history for the blog

Blogging has never been my dream or it wasn’t actually in my mind up until I was in the final year at College. In fact, I have never heard of blogging until one of my college mates talked about his blog during our informal chit-chats.   I said inside “What nonsense is that thing called blog?”  He was saying “Blog is an online page, where we can write whatever. And it is almost like an online diary.”  Back in the room, I tried to find out more about blog. And I found out that ‘blog is an online page, like my friend said where we can publish, update and share it on the World Wide Web.’ Still, my impression was same because i felt i have no story to be shared to the world's page.  Thus, I never got curious in the blog thing and I didn’t even explore. By the way, I was facebook freak that time. And ofcorse, I am still the same. Whatever little thing I used to write other than my personal diary, I used to upload it under my timeline in the facebook. I used to get flat

He was one hell of a money lover:

We say, " I want to be employed to serve the Tsa - wa -sum; the king , country and people, but, have we ever realized that it is often not true? (The signatory stands of everyone to serve the Tsa - wa -sum is a second option and almost the 'by-the-way' service.) The truth is, 'I want to be employed to serve myself, my tummy and my needs the first. I want to make hell lots money'   Alright . Nobody is better in compromising for the better money. Definitely and most obviously, everybody would love to have the job that returns with handsome money. I apparently also make sure to know the salary range before I make the mind to try for any exciting jobs. But luckily, I am not as crazy over money as the man I am going to write-about in this post. And also, to my most reliefs, I also haven't met somebody as crazy over money as him. Well, I understand, if some situations have triggered him to be after money but the way he approached was odd, and it made me w