Skip to main content

My happiness, my ogenstar.com

Apart from the very insignificant works that I do in the office every day, the significant product I can proudly claim is my ogenstar.com. 

It is a young site. I started it with the intention to learn, paid 3500 for the theme with the help of my friend Ugyen. I had a very little knowledge when I first decided to buy it. I wasn’t even sure if my decision to blog featuring the ‘celebrities’ is a right niche. 

The site is 8 months old now and is in a good shape. It has almost 120 email subscribers. The highest number of the page visitors it got in a day so far is 9,277. The Facebook page I created for the same blog is quite responsive. It has almost 2k followers now. 

So, this, my blog: ogenstar.com is a thing of joy to an aspirant blogger like me. The increase in the email subscribers even by one number in a day is a big achievement for me. 
Well, into this journey of maintaining my own self-hosted blog has given me many reasons to smile and equally enough reason to be pissed. However, I chose the former to be the content today. 

When I wrote the latest post about the Bhutanese Actors and their son (s), I never thought that the post will provoke much interest among the followers, let alone the characters themselves. But to my most pleasant surprise, Tashi Pee Dorji; the son of Gyem Dorji (Dasho) has shared the post in few minutes after it is published. It was such an honor to me because he was considerate enough to appreciate what I have been doing. The post also earned a huge public interest.

More than that, what triggered me here, to blow my own trumpet is when I was greeted this morning by an ‘Acknowledgement email from Dasho Gyem Dorji’ himself. 

Yes, you heard me right. Dasho Gyem Dorji has left me an acknowledgment email. Can you believe it? I am so proud, because, a person like Gyem Dorji is not a joke. What made me even more proud is the fact that Dasho has seen and read my blog! Thank you so much Dasho la. 
Well, not to forget, I have few people like Sherab Tenzin and Ugyen Dorji, who always reboots my aspirations to not to leave the blog. I am also very much aspired by the beautiful comment left back by Mr. Norbu Kezang who is an inspiring social writer himself. Thank you so much. You people keep me going!


^_^. So, my happiness, my ogenstar.com. ^_^.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets Connect back here.

Dear valued readers, Did you miss me? Yes, I know you did. Thank you. Well, I have had enough pause for the writing I mean updating in my blog. I just couldn’t get into the blog for some reasons, reasons that I cannot really figure out. At some point, I thought I am not going to write. Really. I thought I will just leave it. Not because I had no time. I had enough time. I spent 100s of hours watching Korean drama and reading some short fictional stories online. I enjoyed those hours more than I enjoy scribbling my nonsense like this. Maybe, I didn’t want to use my brain or waste my energy scribbling. Maybe, I like something more fun or something more luxurious like getting lazy and not doing anything good. Oh no, these excuses make no sense. Let the blame be on me. Yes, I just didn’t feel like writing. I was just that fat lazy fox, wanting to be ideal. But you know what? Do you know what got me writing this? It’s my readers who got me this pause button back to playing. I have had seve

Until we meet again

You once asked me if I could stay without thinking of you. I wasn't clear myself at that time. I thought, yes, maybe, I can stay without thinking of you or perhaps even without you though I didn’t tell you this.  Thinking back, I am realizing how stupid I was at that time to think that there wouldn't be a day I have to pass without you. I was so ignorant to not realize the impermanence of the love we were into.  Now that the time has come where I have to live without you, I am finally getting the answer. The answer is no. No, I can't stay without thinking of you. You are in my every thought and prayer. You are in every people I come across and everything I see. It’s insane how all the people I see look just like you but only to turn out they are actually not making me more miserable.   There is nothing that doesn't remind me of you. You had me captured in everything. I think of you when there are car honks in the street. I think of the time when you used t

He was one hell of a money lover:

We say, " I want to be employed to serve the Tsa - wa -sum; the king , country and people, but, have we ever realized that it is often not true? (The signatory stands of everyone to serve the Tsa - wa -sum is a second option and almost the 'by-the-way' service.) The truth is, 'I want to be employed to serve myself, my tummy and my needs the first. I want to make hell lots money'   Alright . Nobody is better in compromising for the better money. Definitely and most obviously, everybody would love to have the job that returns with handsome money. I apparently also make sure to know the salary range before I make the mind to try for any exciting jobs. But luckily, I am not as crazy over money as the man I am going to write-about in this post. And also, to my most reliefs, I also haven't met somebody as crazy over money as him. Well, I understand, if some situations have triggered him to be after money but the way he approached was odd, and it made me w