Skip to main content

Rising up from the scratch

"Yes, I finally agreed to sleep with him." I knew, very well, of the consequences of that decision. I knew it was disgusting, and that nothing can ever recover that damage. Yet, he assured me so well that everything would be right.
I could see in his eyes, the starvation and the pledge. It was so genuine that I almost felt he could be true.
"Do not worry," He cupped my face in his palm. "I will always protect you." He reassured me again.
I didn't react. I knew all of these, the affections for me in his eyes, words and actions at that moment are all lies. I knew all of these will fade away the moment he releases his satisfaction.
"I will," he speaks again. This time his voice was thick and husky. "I will consider all the debts."
"Enough of the lies." I wanted to scream, scream right in his ears and run away. "But, how could I?" Tears welled up my throats before rolling down from my helpless eyes.
"Do not cry my princess," he untied my bra and caressed hard of what is inside. "I will let you feel the heaven." He whispered in my ears.
"Disgusting shit!" The fears that I concealed for the last few months as I was preparing for this night suddenly resurfaced back. "Oh my god, oh my god," I sweat and shivered. "This is just for the one time, and everything shall be back to normal." I reiterated it. But his hands on my panties aggravated my fears.
"Tobgay, do you have to do this today?" There was a huge crack in my voice.
"What?" He pours out a sarcastic laugh. "Do what? Have you forgotten why I am obliged to do this?"
I remained quiet. Digesting his words kept me shut and vulnerable. I decided again, to let him in.
Entering inside, he exhales out that moans; getting huge every time he enters hard while I was dying with every thrush.
"I can resist this," I comforted myself. The pains were though brutal, "I can resist this." I said it in my mind until he is finally done.
"My god, you're tight, and I am already addicted." He grins as he walks to the bathroom.
I hurriedly dressed up, and signed the paper; that, our paper, which made me see this awful night.
I underscored, "With this night (Tobgay ripping off my womanhood), whatever amount is due from my late father to Tobgay in their business is credited to him."
I walked off the room, both victoriously and as a victim. "That was it! I am 18, and young enough to see the sun again." I reminded myself.
●●● A few days later,
"You thought I was weak, and that you can play with my life. But you don't know, I am a woman now, and that I can rise up strong." My phone rang. (Hey, by the way, 'You thought I was weak, and that you can play with my life. But you don't know, I am a woman now, and that I can rise up strong,' is my caller ringtone.
"New number." I gave a nod before pressing the receiver button.
"Hey, hey, dear Wangmo. I miss how tight you are." I already sensed that malicious intentions.
"Tobgay?" The sudden gush of fear and anger filled my atmosphere.
"Yes. Yes. Tobgay here." I could vividly hear him. "You know; our debt isn't paid yet?"
"What? What about the other night you had me as a cheque for your f***king debt?" I spoke back with full of confidence.
"Haha, the other night?" He grins. "Nothing of worth happened that night."
"Huh? How ridiculous?" I shouted this time, shouted back to the man over whom I have remained low for the last three years after the demise of my father.
"You, little. You whore. "How could you shout back to me? I could literally see the anger boiling in his terraced forehead. "Meet me in the same hotel room of the other night."
He hung up the phone.
"Yes, you monster, I will meet you," I told myself. "I will meet you, but this time, with a different face of me."
The next day, I went to the same hotel, and as expected, he was there, on the bed, ready to kill me again.
"You, little chick, come here." He tried to undress me, and just at that exact moment, there was the knock on the door.
"Hello officers," I greeted the four fully dressed Police that I've called. "Yes, this is the man I’ve informed about." I directed my point to Tobgay, who now is as blank as the gray sheet.
I knew, from the corner of my eyes that, Tobgay gave me, ‘what the hell’ kinda look'. But that’s not it dear. “I’ve got another surprise.”
I hand over the digital version of everything that happened on the other night. “What is it, Wangmo?”, one of the police officers asked.
“It has the record of everything that happened on that night la, Dasho.” I submitted my response. “It has the video, the signed paper and also the audio-record of how is trying to get me back la.”
The four police nodded in unison, and, hell me, I forgot to watch Tobgay’s expression as he gets hand-cuff right before my eyes. Right then, my phone rang, ‘You thought I was weak, and that you can play with my life. But you don't know, I am a woman now, and that I can rise up strong.’
“Hello Wangchuk.” It is my boyfriend’s call! “Bye, I need to attend his call.”
*Fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets Connect back here.

Dear valued readers, Did you miss me? Yes, I know you did. Thank you. Well, I have had enough pause for the writing I mean updating in my blog. I just couldn’t get into the blog for some reasons, reasons that I cannot really figure out. At some point, I thought I am not going to write. Really. I thought I will just leave it. Not because I had no time. I had enough time. I spent 100s of hours watching Korean drama and reading some short fictional stories online. I enjoyed those hours more than I enjoy scribbling my nonsense like this. Maybe, I didn’t want to use my brain or waste my energy scribbling. Maybe, I like something more fun or something more luxurious like getting lazy and not doing anything good. Oh no, these excuses make no sense. Let the blame be on me. Yes, I just didn’t feel like writing. I was just that fat lazy fox, wanting to be ideal. But you know what? Do you know what got me writing this? It’s my readers who got me this pause button back to playing. I have had seve

I missed my blog

I missed my blog Though it is not more than a week that I last updated my blog but why do I feel like it has been a decade ago? You know, I don’t write regularly neither I write well when I do. I have never enjoyed one of my writing as much as I enjoys of all others. However, the creation of blog ID online has like insisting me to write, almost every day. I feel like something has gone missing if I don’t write anything in a day. A single sentence or a single paragraph suffices this feelings though.  But these days, I have been out on filed, on tour. This may seem like an excuse if I say I haven’t written anything. Well, to be honest, I haven’t written anything of my interest. It is because I just didn’t know what to write? People say “For a writer, they don’t need a topic. Everything can be the topic of interest.” But you know, since I am not a writer, nothing could be my topic. This somehow made me little too much embarrassed. Saying this, it may seem like I do wa

i am wearing a specatcle

I am wearing a spectacle I still remember one of my lecturer at College saying “People who wears spectacles are intelligent.” And he asked one IQ to a girl with spectacle. Amazingly, she got the answer right.  “Wow! Could it be true? True that people with spectacle is intelligent?” I wondered inside, adoring her intelligence.  Since then, I used to give extra time in understanding people with spectacles especially the smaller children and the students. Whenever I see the student with spectacle, I understand them as the most hardworking and the intelligent one.  But now, my stupid believe is gradually changing. Ofcorse, to certain extent, it may be right because the eyes get defected when focused more on books and screens. But the real reason why a person wears spectacles is following the repeated health discomforts.  For almost a year from now, I used to get headache but not even once, I didn't doubt that the headache would be associated with my eyes proble