Skip to main content

CARLEP to Drukair


It’s been merely a week that I left the work I loved the most and joined in another equally exciting job. As a gender and knowledge management officer in CARLEP, I used to love so much about the work nature, especially about having to write a lot. Now as a staff of ticketing and reservation in drukair, it’s exciting to deal with lots of customers. Every day, I get to see new faces, new issues and new resolutions. Everything about everyday is fun yet equally challenging.

On the first day of the new work, my husband told me that every day in drukair is a new learning. I didn’t understand what it meant because I thought that work at everywhere would be just so monotonous, like how it is in almost everywhere. But I got to understand his statement since the first few hours of walking in the office and observing the other staff work.

Each customer comes up with different service need. By the way, hey you, this is not the complain or anything as such. I am humbly writing what I observed in the last five days.

Quoting my own understanding as a layman, ticketing and reservation is all about reserving the tickets, issuing and then everything is done. Oh, how I thought the work as a staff of ticketing and reservation is all that easy and simple when I first made the decision to be one of the staffs. However, as I slightly understand now, ticketing and reservation is not limited to just reserving and issuing the tickets. It hugely needs to handle many other services like handling the date and name change, ticket and flight cancellation, handling the cash, and refunding among other accessory services.

I am very much excited about gradually getting familiarized with all of these new systems and services. I look forward for delivering the best of my capabilities in this new work. I am also learning to be polite, humble and build tolerance to the bragging.

You know, I have never been good in controlling the angers and tempers. Sometimes I am so stubborn and arrogant. I have difficulty in accepting the pin-points of the faults committed by other people. But, these are what I should be fortified of.

My new friend Jamyang told me, as a staff working in ticketing and reservation, we have to deal with various people from all walks of life, and in all the matter, we will have to accept all the kind of faults.

“Oh. A thug life.” I was quite shaken.

But I am proud of myself that I can control the emotions and sentiments to quite a good height. Therefore, I am sure I will do well. Further, Jamyang also told me that everything shall get used to and nothing much shall bother then. So, I am hopeful I will tolerate and accept all the bragging, complain and grumble from any people likely to happen and has happened to those working in the counters and directly dealing with the customers. Every morning, I always remind that working in the counters, and especially the ticketing and reservation counter in druakir is the frontline of the company. I shall never let it down.

Last for today, hi all, especially the customers of drukair and other senior colleagues of the company, I offer you my warm greetings. It’s good to see you all. I am looking forward for the successful career in this company under your kind cooperation and guidance.


Comments

  1. Congrats for your new phase of life! Hope you enjoy it and all the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lets Connect back here.

Dear valued readers, Did you miss me? Yes, I know you did. Thank you. Well, I have had enough pause for the writing I mean updating in my blog. I just couldn’t get into the blog for some reasons, reasons that I cannot really figure out. At some point, I thought I am not going to write. Really. I thought I will just leave it. Not because I had no time. I had enough time. I spent 100s of hours watching Korean drama and reading some short fictional stories online. I enjoyed those hours more than I enjoy scribbling my nonsense like this. Maybe, I didn’t want to use my brain or waste my energy scribbling. Maybe, I like something more fun or something more luxurious like getting lazy and not doing anything good. Oh no, these excuses make no sense. Let the blame be on me. Yes, I just didn’t feel like writing. I was just that fat lazy fox, wanting to be ideal. But you know what? Do you know what got me writing this? It’s my readers who got me this pause button back to playing. I have had seve

My history for the blog

Blogging has never been my dream or it wasn’t actually in my mind up until I was in the final year at College. In fact, I have never heard of blogging until one of my college mates talked about his blog during our informal chit-chats.   I said inside “What nonsense is that thing called blog?”  He was saying “Blog is an online page, where we can write whatever. And it is almost like an online diary.”  Back in the room, I tried to find out more about blog. And I found out that ‘blog is an online page, like my friend said where we can publish, update and share it on the World Wide Web.’ Still, my impression was same because i felt i have no story to be shared to the world's page.  Thus, I never got curious in the blog thing and I didn’t even explore. By the way, I was facebook freak that time. And ofcorse, I am still the same. Whatever little thing I used to write other than my personal diary, I used to upload it under my timeline in the facebook. I used to get flat

He was one hell of a money lover:

We say, " I want to be employed to serve the Tsa - wa -sum; the king , country and people, but, have we ever realized that it is often not true? (The signatory stands of everyone to serve the Tsa - wa -sum is a second option and almost the 'by-the-way' service.) The truth is, 'I want to be employed to serve myself, my tummy and my needs the first. I want to make hell lots money'   Alright . Nobody is better in compromising for the better money. Definitely and most obviously, everybody would love to have the job that returns with handsome money. I apparently also make sure to know the salary range before I make the mind to try for any exciting jobs. But luckily, I am not as crazy over money as the man I am going to write-about in this post. And also, to my most reliefs, I also haven't met somebody as crazy over money as him. Well, I understand, if some situations have triggered him to be after money but the way he approached was odd, and it made me w